India today has become topmost preferred destination in the world for medical tourism. For foreign nationals who are seeking top best medical treatment in India Indian government have introduced Medical visa for extended periods and visa-on-arrival system for few select countries which stay in India for 30 days for medical procedures.
Upto two attendants are permitted to accompany the patient under Medical Attendant visas and the duration of visa is valid as per duration of patient medical visa The attendant should be blood relative of the patient. The preliminary duration of Medical visa is valid for one year or till the
duration of treatment whichever is less and it allows maximum of 3 entries during 1 year. GHFS will assist and provide you all details to obtain medical visa..
Indian Medical Visa Requirements:
- Medical visa to India is given for a number of treatments but following ailments are considered prime and serious likeradio therapy, Neuro-Surgery, heart treatments, renal disorders, plastic surgery, organ transplants, gene therapy, plastic surgery, ophthalmic disorders, congenital disorders etc.
- You can get Medical Visa if you seek medical treatment from reputed/recognized Hospitals or treatment centers in India.
- All Indian Missions and Posts check every document /application for authenticity of medical visa application
- The applicant should provide Initial medical advise to the Missions from the country of residence / origin and subsequently adviced to go for special treatment.
- Yellow Fever vaccination certificate and oral polio Vaccination certificate is mandatory for countries Kenya, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Israel, Pakistan, Nigeria and Somali as per Govt. of India
- Apart from above requirements ,Additional requirements are stipulated for applicants from Pakistan,Afganistan,Nepal and Burma .
GHFS can be contacted for for updated and additional requirements prescribed by Government of India from time to time.
Eligibility and procedure for Medical Visa Application to India
- Filled in visa application form (3 pages) complete in every respect and signed by the applicant
- Recent passport size photographs
- Recommendation/Invitation from local hospital/doctor for special treatment in India
- letter from the recognized medical institution in India stating the name, passport number and nationality of the patient and attendant/s and confirming that treatment will be provided by it
- Proof of availability of funds (such as bank statement, receipt of payment issued by hospital in India etc.) for such treatment
- Passport valid for minimum 6 months beyond the date of intended departure from India. The visa validity period may not extend beyond the passport’s validity expiry date
- High priority is given to ‘M’ visa applications in India that are associated with serious injury and ailments like radio therapy, Neuro-Surgery, heart treatments, renal disorders, plastic surgery, organ transplants, gene therapy, plastic surgery, ophthalmic disorders, congenital disorders etc.
GHFS can help and provide all details with assistance to obtain Medical visa.
foreign nationals with ‘M’ visas should Immediately register themselves with the concerned FRROs /
FROs within 14 days after they arrive in India.
Validity of Indian Medical Visas
The preliminary duration of Medical visa is valid for one year or till the duration of treatment whichever is less and it allows maximum of 3 entries during 1 year . In case of emergency, situation or major complication or urgent need of treatment/surgery , State Governments / FRROs has the ability to allow an additional entry.
Extension of Indian Medical visa
Extension of this Medical visa up to year is possible on the orders of the State Governments or FRROs, if recognized hospital of Indiaor treatment center gives a medical certificate. Further extension is possible on the suggestion of the State Government / FRROs alongwith suitable medical papers, the Ministry of Home Affairs can give a extension.
Our Services for Medical visa
Recognized hospital or treatment centers will issue you invitation letter. Invitation letter will be issued on the letterhead based on the details provided by you as under.
- Full Name of the patient
- Age of the patient
- Nationality of the patient
- Contact number
- Tentative dates of travel to India
- Number of attendant coming with patient
- Scan copies of patients medical reports
- Scans copies of patients passport
- Scans copiesof attendant passport
- Any air ambulance, road ambulance or wheel chair services required for patient
- Contact details of family member in resident country incase of emergency.
- Patients Country of residence Doctors Contact Numbers
One copy of the letter will be sent directly to Indian High Commissioner of your country. We will assist you in application filling process.